Abstract submission guidelines
Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for the 10th International Congress of Neuroendocrinology (ICN 2022),
which will be held in Glasgow, Scotland on 7 – 10 August 2022.
Call for Abstracts Opens
Monday 9 August 2021
Abstract Submission Deadline
Wednesday 16 February 2022
Notification of Review Outcome
Deadline for accepted authors to register to confirm attendance
Wednesday 4 May 2022
Programme Available Online
What are we looking for?
Experimental results, findings, ideas, innovation, case studies.
Abstracts are welcome in any one of the following categories:
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Conference as one of the following categories:
Oral or Poster
At the review stage, the Programme Committee may change the presentation type submitted by the author to ensure the continuity of the conference programme i.e. oral presentation may be changed to poster presentation OR poster presentation to oral presentation. The presenting author will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the programme committee is final.
Oral presentations will be followed with questions and answers
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the conference. Poster preparation guidelines will be issued to all accepted poster presenters in advance of the conference.
COMMITTEE TO PROVIDE DETAILS
Appy via the abstract submission portal by submitting an abstract for presentation and a letter of recommendation from the applicant’s lead supervisor and a personal statement from the applicant as to why he/she should be considered for the award. Further details are available here.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE SUBMISSION PROCESS
- The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract
- You do not need to register for the conference in order to submit the abstract
- All abstracts must be received by the submission deadline to be included in the review.
- Accepted abstract presenters must register by 4 May 2022.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
It is ESSENTIAL that you read the guidelines below before you submit. Abstracts which do not adhere to the guidelines will not be reviewed.
Who submits the abstract?
The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and will act as the main point of contact for the abstract with organisers.
Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the ICN 2022 abstract submission portal and Conference registration portal. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the Edit/View Abstracts page.
How to edit a submitted abstract?
You can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission at a later point. It is important to note that once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the abstract submission deadline. Ensure that your abstract is not left in draft as it will not be reviewed.
Submission Details Required
The online abstract submission is a simple step-by-step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Abstract title – word limit is 15
- Presentation type – Oral or Poster, Poster Only
- Theme – chosen from the theme list above
- Presenting Author – Name, affiliation, and job title of presenting author (this person must be listed as the first author)
- Co-Authors – Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Abstract text – Abstract word limit is 400, use abstract headings listed below (word limit includes: headings/references/graphs/images. Max 2 graphs/images allowed; excludes: title, authors and affiliations)
- Method/Results (ideally statistically analysed data)
- Additional information
- Data consent
- Co-author consent
- Do you want to submit this abstract for ICN & Kisspeptin or one or the other?
- Are you in your early career (10 years since PhD, excluding career breaks)?
- Gender & Ethnicity
Abstracts must be formatted using the ICN 2022 template.
Download the template below to create the abstract and then save as a Word file to upload to the system. Only WORD files will be accepted for upload. A maximum of 2 graphs/images may be included in the abstract. Abstracts will not be edited and will be added to the conference website and/or conference app as submitted. Ensure that all grammar and spelling is correct.
Review and Notification of Acceptance
All abstracts will go through a blind peer-review carried out by reviewers selected by the ICN 2022 Programme Committee.
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitter in April 2022.
Registration of the Abstract Presenter
When notified of acceptance, the Presenting Author is required to accept the offer by registering for the conference and paying in full by Wednesday 4 May 2022. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email.
If a presenter fails to register by Wednesday 4 May 2022
- Will be removed from the programme
- Will be removed from all ICN 2022 related publications
Withdrawal Conditions & Change of Presenter
If you need to withdraw the abstract or change the presenting author contact ICN22@conferencepartners.com by Wednesday 20 April 2022
Terms and Conditions:
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines outlined on the Conference Website.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for ICN 2022.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors.
- The presenting author is available to present at the conference between 7 – 10 August 2022.
- The presenting author must register and pay in full by the deadline indicated in the abstract review outcome email. If they do not register and pay in full, the abstract will be removed from the programme and any associated publications.
- The text of the abstract, along with the names and affiliations, poster and/or additional documents as requested, will be published on the conference website, in the abstract document and on the conference app, and this will not raise any copyright issues.
- A submission as a particular presentation type or theme may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the ICN 2022 Programme Team ICN22@conferencepartners.com
ICN 2022 BEGINS